Systems Analyst – ERP Financial Systems
WVU Medicine/University Health Associates – West Virginia University Health System is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. More than 1,000 active medical staff members and 15,000 employees serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation, driven by an unbridled passion to provide the most advanced healthcare possible to the people of West Virginia and beyond. The health system includes the physicians, specialists, and sub-specialists of the West Virginia University School of Medicine; five community hospitals; three critical access hospitals; and a children’s hospital, all anchored by a 700-bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care.
The statements described here are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- System Analysis: Researches, gathers, analyzes, information and proposes alternative solutions. Participates in new/modification requests as assigned. Knowledgeable of the existing user workflows. Performs functional and integrated testing for more complex workflows. Independently oversees system configurations and design options to make appropriate recommendations for system maintenance or project decision. Maintains and assesses user security functions. Maintains an understanding of supported applications. Clearly communicates between and across groups. Conducts audits of system or user activities as required. Independently imports and exports data. Independently uses application specific tools to create reports.
- Problem Identification and Resolution: Identification and resolution of daily problems. Prepares test scripts and participates in testing. Completes proper documentation of issues and requests as per policy. Uses analytical methods to analyze and revise existing systems, moderate to complex workflows. Participates in monitoring and correcting system errors as assigned.
- System Management: Participates in the build and assessment of vendor application packages for upgrades and enhancements. Utilizes various industry resources (journals, internet, conferences, user groups, etc.) to stay current on vendor offerings and features/functions that might meet the needs of the customer/organizations. Attends and evaluates vendor demonstrations, reference calls and site visits as assigned. Develops, maintains and monitors output of appropriate reports. Participates in creating and/or updating test scripts.
- Project Coordination: Defines tasks and creates team work plans with moderate supervision. Delegates work to others and monitors progress. Identifies issues affecting work progress and recommends solutions. Assists Senior to in controlling project costs, communicating any project-related expenses and recommends ways to control costs (if assigned). Apprises schedule variances and potential scope changes, task, goals and milestones in status reports and/or appropriate personnel. Measure the progress toward goals and revises work plan accordingly. Participates with management personnel in planning, direction, and coordinating operational and/or procedural matters to meet goals and objectives. Functions as the project coordinator when assigned by management. Duties include project time management, task and personnel coordination and scope management. Follows hospital’s project management methodology. Provides Project Coordination Services to customers as assigned. Delegates work to Associate and monitors progress. Assures project changes or additions are updated using appropriate Project Management Toolsets. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple simple to moderately complex assigned task. Provides input into the assessment of appropriate work effort for a task or project.
- Team Building: Assist and mentors co-workers. Performs the following core duties: participates in mentoring, training, and development of other employees. Seeks and respects the views of others, including patients/families and customers when appropriate. Creates and updates internal documentation for team members to use. Coaches and provides support/encouragement for employees to exceed their own expectations.
- Training& Education: Updates and modifies existing training curriculum and assists in development of new curriculum. IT/Informatics liaison to operational departments. Performs build within applicable system training environment(s).
- This position may require travel to other West Virginia United Health System(WVUHS) facilities or affiliated sites to assist with implementations, training, and/or support
- Adheres to the established policies of the WVUHS as well as the policies of the entity or entities where the IT team member is assigned to work and/or employed.
- Accepts on-call responsibilities and responds with action, either by phone call or on-site as defined by Department Policy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education, Certification, And/Or Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, computer science, business, informatics or related field OR four (4) years’ experience performing system analysis with business, clinical or administrative applications required.
- This position may require additional certification in support of the responsibilities of the position, which will be provided by WVUHS Information Technology. Certification completion will be required within four months of formal certification training completion.
- Two (2) years’ experience performing system analysis of business, clinical or administrative applications required.
- Internal employees must meet all mandatory competencies in current position in order to qualify for promotion within IT.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) workflows such as: finance, supply chain, HR/payroll.
- Experience with business operations workflow in a healthcare environment preferred, such as admitting/registration, appointment scheduling, billing, insurance verification, accounts receivable, collections, accounts payable, physician credentialing, and/or HIM (Medical Records).
- Experience with financial statement preparation/analysis, financial systems administration and accounting workflows.
- Experience in an inpatient or outpatient clinical setting preferred.
- Experience with patient flow, physician/clinician workflow, medical terminology, and the medical record, preferably in the clinical area to be supported by this position, preferred.
- Web Service experience preferred.
- Experience with IE, XML & HTML preferred.
- Experience with Crystal Reports preferred.
- Knowledge of HL7Message Structures, HL7 Events, and other healthcare interfacing standards preferred.
- Experience leading or managing projects preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, computer science, business, informatics or related field OR four (4) years’ experience performing system analysis with business, clinical or administrative applications required.
Competitive compensation based upon experience and competencies. Healthcare benefits available on the first of the month following start date. Ample time off for work/life balance, holiday pay, retirement contribution match, and tuition assistance!