Manager, Patient Access
Preston Memorial Hospital, located in beautiful Kingwood, WV, less than 30 miles from Morgantown, WV, is a rural hospital with vision, diversity, stability and a future. At PMH, we have one simple mission: To enhance the health of the communities we serve, one person at a time. Our 300 plus dedicated and caring employees are encouraged to employ their talents and abilities to solve any challenge faced by our patients and the surrounding community.
While many hospitals, especially rural hospitals, are closing because of ever declining reimbursement for the services they provide, Preston Memorial Hospital continues to get stronger by offering new programs, new services, and operating more efficiently. Besides providing excellent healthcare services, Preston Memorial also is a strong contributor to the county’s economic status as it is the third largest employer in Preston County.
The Manager, Patient Access is responsible for the supervision of the Hospital’s Patient Registration areas. Duties include guidance and coverage for employees, monitoring of the Quality Assurance measures, and oversight in ongoing staff training. The goal of this position is to ensure high quality service for patients and accuracy of information affecting both pre and post visit services.
- Five (5) years of experience within Patient Access or related field, with a minimum of three (3) years relevant management experience required.
- Ability to foster an environment that nurtures collaboration, teamwork, and mutual respect
- Analytical ability required to evaluate processes and to recommend improvements as necessary
- Good oral and written communication skills to work with patients, physicians and department staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Management, or related field required. A combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- CHAA Certification or completion of CHAA within 6 months of hire
Instructions for Resume Submission: