Manager, Enterprise Information Technology
WVU Medicine is West Virginia’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader is patient safety and quality. More than 1,000 active medical staff members and 15,000 employees serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation, driven by unbridled passion to provide the most advanced healthcare possible to the people of West Virginia and beyond.
Applicants applying for this position will be responsible for managing the IT application teams that support all software applications for hospital billing (HB), professional billing (PB) and HIM (Medical Records). The preferred candidates will have a working knowledge of these areas and preferably specific experience managing teams that support HB, PB and/or HIM.
- Under the general supervision of the AVP, the IT Enterprise Manager is responsible for the daily operation and support of the enterprise staff for enterprise clinical and business information systems for WVUHS.
- The Enterprise Manager will have direct responsibility of the enterprise support staff for his/her area of responsibility.
- The enterprise manager will coordinate/collaborate with the IT Site Manager(s) for the work of Enterprise Infrastructure and Application teams and ensure alignment with the business objectives of the organization, efficient implementation of systems, timely resolution of problems and high customer satisfaction.
- The Enterprise Manager will help develop and execute strategies and plans to maintain efficient IT operations, will ensure confidentiality, integrity and security of data and systems and will help define and implement IT policies, procedures, and IT best practices.
- Other duties as assigned include, but are not limited to, project management, budget preparation, personnel management, & vendor management.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements described here are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enterprise Specific Responsibilities: Direct responsibility of the enterprise support staff for area of responsibility. Interacts with customers across all WVUHS sites including end users, management, and medical staff to address their issues, complete goals, and be a liaison between WVUHS IT and the customers. Facilitates/ensures multi-site collaboration and standardization for enterprise infrastructure and/or enterprise applications.
- Staff Management: Ensures acceptable level(s) of staffing. Hires competent individuals by reviewing applications and interviewing candidates in a timely manner as vacancies occur. Provides administrative oversight of staff time and attendance reporting and approves PDO requests, assuring adequate staffing during prime work hours. Coordinates call schedules, after hour’s response, and downtimes. Performs required personnel performance evaluations & competency reviews, within pre-defined timeframes, for all staff within area(s)of responsibility. Establishes employee training plans annually, reviews progress and updates employee records accordingly. Coaches, counsels, and/or mentors staff on an individual basis to ensure problem resolution and professional development as needed. Ensures staff adherence to Hospital and department-specific policies and procedures; administers disciplinary action in accordance with approved policies.
- Budgets: Participates in the development of Capital and Operating budgets and manages said budgets for area(s) of responsibility.
- WVUHSIT Planning, Coordination & Collaboration: Collaborates with IT Site Managers & Sr. Leadership in all aspects of IT planning and coordination of activities. Participates in planning and implementing change and maintaining and improving productivity through attendance and participation in staff meetings, user meetings, committees, task forces, projects, and discussions with supervisor. Promotes and contributes positively to the teamwork of the department by volunteering to assist co-workers, contributing ideas and participating in problem solving efforts with co-workers. Coordinates all activities related to the hardware and software of the assigned hospital to meet WVUHS system standards.
- Over sight of Day-to-Day Operations: Works with user community to analyze current operational procedures, identify issues and recommend solutions. Assists users having problems with the systems they use. Monitors change control process. Reviews and monitors maintenance contracts. Evaluates and approves production changes through the change control process as appropriate.
- Business Recovery: Ensures that the applications/systems, for which this position is responsible for, are recoverable in the event of software or hardware failure, in alignment with business criticality needs, HIPAA, or other regulatory requirements. Coordinates the preparation and testing of the organization’s Disaster and Recovery Plan for the systems for which this position is responsible for, in collaboration with IT Site Managers & Sr. Leadership as necessary.
- Project Development & Implementation: Consults with management and reviews project proposals to determine goals, timeframe, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources as required. Works with the Project Manager to develop project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources as required. Develops project plans & manages projects as needed. Formulates and defines scope and objectives of project, as appropriate. Reviews and evaluates project progress reports; intervenes as necessary. Reviews and monitors post implementation reviews; adapts practice as necessary.
- Systems Selections: Utilizes various industry resources(journals, internet, conferences, user groups, etc.) to stay current on vendor offerings and features/functions that might meet the needs of the customers/organization. Participates in the RFP/RFI life cycle as appropriate (development of RFP/RFI, evaluation of responses, vendor demos, site visits, etc.)
- Vendor Management: Provides oversight of consultants, contractors, and vendors to meet the requirements of daily production activities and IT projects as scheduled. Initiates vendor contact and relations as needed. Assists in the negotiation of contracts with consultants, contractors and vendors to support the mission of WVUHS. Follows up with consultants, contractors, and vendors to ensure completion of contractual obligations – may serve as a technical liaison between the Organization(s) and aforementioned parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, healthcare or related field OR High School Diploma or Equivalent AND Four years of IT experience.
- Two years management, supervisory, or IT project management experience OR Three years’ experience in a senior level IT position (i.e. Sr. Systems Analyst, Sr. Systems Admin, etc.)
- Previous experience with Hospital Information Systems.
- Previous experience working with executives and leadership.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, healthcare or related field OR High School Diploma or Equivalent AND Four years of IT experience.
WVU Medicine offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, inclusive of annual incentive-based bonuses, tuition assistance, health benefits, and generous PTO.
Instructions for Resume Submission