Chief Administrative Officer
Multi-Specialty Physician-Owned Medical Practice
Jefferson Surgical Clinic (JSC) is located in Roanoke, Virginia. The region is in beautiful Southwestern Virginia near Virginia Tech. Roanoke is situated in a valley between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains – the promise of outdoor activities are all around!
About the Practice
Since the doors first opened in 1956, JSC has grown and continues to implement leading edge technology in every area of the practice. Currently our specialty areas include Vascular Surgery, Cardiology, Urology, Colon and Rectal Surgery, Plastic Surgery, and ENT. Our accomplished physicians are matched with state-of-the-art facilities, innovative treatment options, and a staff committed to providing exceptional service.
JSC has five office locations in Roanoke and Salem with 14 physicians and four mid-level providers. It’s a busy practice with established relationships in the regional healthcare industry. JSC’s medical management software includes Aprima (EHR), EPIC, Practice Insight, CBIZ EMS, and Peachtree Accounting.
About the Position
Plans, directs, and coordinates all aspects of medical and support services, including day-to-day clinical operations, strategic planning, financial oversight, facilities management, IT support, physician recruitment, provider compensation, and regulatory compliance. Reports to the Board of Directors, comprised of all Shareholder Physicians.
- Build upon the collaborative efforts of providers, leadership, and staff to continually improve the patient experience and quality care.
- Manage seven subordinate supervisors who direct a total of 55 other employees in the Accounting, Finance, Patient Accounts, Human Resources, Marketing, Recruitment, Regulatory Compliance, Information Technology, Facilities, Operations, Clinical, and Quality Departments.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these departments.
- Direct some non-supervisory employees (approximately 20). Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policiesand applicable laws including: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Promote JSC services in the region through enhancing and maintaining strong relationships with area hospitals.
- Communicate key JSC messaging with staff, providers, partners, the healthcare community, and the region in general.
- Bachelor’s degree with an accounting or finance concentration
- Master’s degree in health administration or business
- Relevant experience in the healthcare industry
- Market-Based Salary with Potential for Performance Bonus
- Health, Life, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Four Weeks Annual Vacation
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- 401K Plan
Apply by submitting CV by email to email@example.com